No! – there is a big difference. When you make a Planning Application, our colleagues in the Town Planning Division look carefully at issues like the appearance of the building and the effect it will have on adjoining properties etc. You will not however be asked for the nitty-gritty details about how your building will be constructed – things like foundations, floors, roof and walls etc

These detailed constructional issues are dealt with under the Building Regulations for which a completely separate Building Regulation application is needed.