Before you start work you must submit the “Building Notice” form with the appropriate payment and as much supporting information as you have available to the Building Control Surveyor.

It is helpful, and sometimes a requirement, for you to submit a scaled site plan showing the property and the site of the proposed building work. If the work includes new drainage, the site plan should show that it is practical and whether the building work is to be constructed over an existing drain or sewer.