Yes. Whatever the intended purpose of the room(s), it will be necessary to make a Full Plans or Building Notice application. Often the nature of these works is quite complex and requires the deposit of structural calculations and a complete assessment of the provisions for means of escape. It is, therefore, highly recommended that you use the Full Plans procedure.