If all of the following conditions are met, no. Otherwise, yes. Conservatories attached to domestic dwellings are exempt from the Building Regulations providing:
- the internal floor area does not exceed 30m²
- the roof is transparent or translucent (polycarbonate or similar material which allows light to pass through)
- the conservatory is constructed at ground floor level
- the conservatory is separated from the rest of the dwelling by a doors and/or windows and
- glass in critical locations is safety glass. “Critical locations” means up to 1,500mm from floor level in doors and side panels, and up to 800mm from floor level in windows.