This form should be completed by the person on who’s behalf the building work was carried out or their agent.
If you need assistance in completing this form, please contact Building Control.
Step 1 – Upload Files
Please upload ALL relevant Site Plans, other Plans, documents and Calculations. Please upload 5 files at a time.
Step 2 – Application Form
Please complete the following form and use the Online Calculator to calculate the correct fees. After submitting the form you will be taken to the Payments page where you can pay online.
1. Regularisation only applies to unauthorised work commenced on or after 11 November 1985.
2. Please complete this form and submit with site plan, plans and particulars showing any additional work required to be carried out to ensure that the unauthorised work complies with the requirements of the Building Regulations, in accordance with the provisions of Building Regulation 18.
3. The regularisation charge is calculated in accordance with current charge regulations. A Guidance Note on Charges is available separately.
There is no entitlement to a refund of any regularisation charge paid, even where the Local Authority is not able to determine whether the work complies with the relevant requirements.
4. Regularisation does not prejudice the powers of a Local Authority under Section 36 of the Building Act 1984 or of any other statutory requirement or enactment affecting the building.
5. Where a Local Authority receives a request for regularisation, they may require the applicant to take such reasonable steps, including laying open the unauthorised work for inspection, making tests and taking samples as the Authority thinks appropriate to ascertain what work, if any, is required to secure that the relevant requirements are met. if an applicant is unwilling to comply with any reasonable request, he/she runs the risk that the Local Authority will be unable to judge whether the work satisfies the applicable Regularisations.
6. These notes are for guidance only. particulars regarding regularisation are contained in Regulation 18 of the Building Regulations 2010 and, in respect of charges, in the Building (Local Authority Charges) Regulations 2010.
7. Persons who have carried out building work or made a material change of use of a building are reminded that permission may have been required under the Town & Country planning Acts.
8. Further information and advice concerning the Building Regulations and Town planning matters may be obtained from the Council Offices.